Sunday, August 26, 2007

2 More Days....


Back to school on Wednesday! I'm getting a little weepy today; I made Thomas sit on my lap for a while and watch the Wiggles with me, Garrett & Braeden. Would you believe that Thomas' feet are the same size as mine? He's going to be one tall boy, that's for sure. I told him he's gonna have to watch out; all the mommies are going to be trying to get him to date their daughters! I've had a few moms comment lately on how handsome he is....sob. What happened to my little baby?

We had a great time yesterday at our neighbor's pool party. We were there from 2:00 until 8:30, and I went back 'til 10:30 for drinks and lots of gossip. I wish we had gotten together sooner. It always seems like you wait too long to do things. Next summer I promise that we're having some rockin' parties here at our house (guess that means we have to pick up the yard).

Well, my project today is upstairs. If I'm brave enough, I'll take a "before" picture. It's just too darn hard to put away laundry. Braeden is always attached to me, and when he's not, I'm online! But today I'm going up. I'm going to see what clothes the kids have...see what hasn't been peed on by a cat...(gross, I know) and put clothes in actual drawers! Of course, it's already 11:00 and I haven't done a damn thing. Bill is grocery shopping :) so I have to wait until he gets home! And it's almost lunch time anyway...

O.k., I guess I'll go do something. I do have to say one thing, though. I saw a friend yesterday who had a sister who was profoundly retarded. Every time I see her, she tells me a story about her sister and most of the time I enjoy hearing them. Except yesterday, out of the blue, she tells me that someday Thomas will probably be embarrassed by Garrett. And now, this has been on my mind since yesterday. First of all, why did she need to say that? Doesn't she realize that I've pretty much thought of everything by now? I've been optimistic, pessimistic, a realist. It just seemed to me a rotten thing to say. Then I'm thinking that at some point he'll probably be embarrassed by all of (if he's not already :) ).

Off to snuggle with the kids until Bill gets home. Garrett is into the Muppets lately, so we're going to watch them for the gazillionth time.

No comments:

Please Pray for Chelsea